Introduction to Computer Science/IT
Computer Science/IT is one of the most sought after subjects by students all across the globe. It deals with the architecture and feasibility of the system. In simpler terms Computer Science is study of the principles and use of computers.
IT or Information Technology is the application of computers to store, study, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data and information. Several industries are associated with IT including computer hardware, software, electronics, internet and e-commerce.
Top Computer Science/IT companies employ students from these streams in their companies for developing innovative products and software.
Computer Science Topics
There are various topics covered in Computer Science / IT. Some of the most popular ones are:
Programming language – Programming language helps to transform a computing problem into an executable program. Database management system – Database management system is software that helps users to capture and analyze data. It provides a systematic approach to create, update and manage data. Artificial intelligence – Artificial Intelligence refers to the ability of a machine or a program to think and learn. It is defined as the study of intelligent agents. Computation theory – Computational Theory is a branch that deals with efficient problem solving on a computational model using an algorithm. Operating system – An operating system acts as an interface between user and the computer. All computer programs require an operating system to function. Computer networks – Computer network deals with managing network between computers worldwide. Information theory – Information theory studies the quantification, storage and communication of information. Coding theory – It is the study of properties of codes and their fitness for a specific application. These codes can be used for data compression, error correction, networking and cryptography.
Computer Science / IT Courses
There are many courses offered in the field of Computer Science / IT. Some of the most popular courses are as:
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computing With Honours (s4d)
- Graduate Diploma of Biocomputing and Biometric Security
- Graduate Certificate in Multimedia
- Gc Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business Information System
- Bachelor of Arts (Internet Communications)
- Bachelor of Arts (Digital Design)
- Master of Business Information Systems
- Graduate Certificate of Business Information Systems
- Master of Technology (Business Systems)
- Graduate Diploma of Business Information Systems
- Graduate Certificate of Technology (Business Systems)
- Graduate Diploma of Technology (Business Systems)
Career Opportunities in Computer Science / IT
Computer Science / IT graduates are in high demand nowadays. These graduates after completion of their courses bag some of the most challenging and highest paying jobs. They get jobs in top IT companies such as IBM, Apple, Google and Facebook. Some of the highly rewarding career opportunities in Computer Science / IT are
- Software applications developer
- Computer systems analyst
- Computer systems engineer
- Network systems administrator
- Database administrator
- Business Intelligence analyst
- Web developer
- Computer Programmer
- Software systems developer
- Software quality assurance tester (QA)
So, just join your desired course and carve your path towards an appealing and successful career.
Computer Science It Services we can help you with!
With best Computer Science It experts we ensure that we cover almost everything for you.