Introduction to Engineering
Engineering is the application of mathematics, as well as scientific, economic, social, and practical knowledge to invent, innovate, design, build, maintain, research, and improve structures, machines, tools, systems, components, materials, processes, solutions, and organizations. As per the American Engineers Council for Professional Development, engineering is defined as "The creative application of scientific principles to design or develop structures, machines, apparatus, or manufacturing processes, or works utilizing them singly or in combination; or to construct or operate the same with full cognizance of their design; or to forecast their behavior under specific operating conditions; all as respects an intended function, economics of operation or safety to life and property."
Engineering discipline is a very broad subject that covers a wide range of industries and applications. As a result engineering is divided into many different branches. Some of the major engineering branches are::
- Military Engineering – It is defined as the art and practice of designing, building and maintaining military works, military transport and communications. Military engineering is also responsible for military tactics logistics.
- Civil Engineering – It is a field that deals with design, construction and maintenance of natural and physical environment including bridges, roads, canals, dams and buildings. It is the second oldest engineering branch known.
- Chemical Engineering – It is a branch that applies physics, chemistry, microbiology and chemistry along with applied economics and mathematics to produce, transport, transform and properly use chemicals.
- Mechanical Engineering – It is a branch that applies engineering, physics and material science principles to design, analyze, manufacture and maintain mechanical system. It deals with design, production, operation and maintenance of machinery.
- Electrical Engineering – It is a field that deals with the study and application of electricity, economics and electromagnetism.
- Software Engineering – It is a branch that deals with designing and writing programs for computers and other electronic devices. It basically is application of engineering to the development of software in a systematic way.
- Systems Engineering – It is an engineering field that focuses on how to design and manage complex systems over their life cycles. It deals with work processes, optimization methods and risk management tools in a project.
- Geotechnical Engineering – It is an engineering branch that deals with the engineering behavior of earth materials.
- Aerospace Engineering – It is a branch that deals with the development of aircraft and spacecraft.
Career Opportunities in Engineering
Engineering offers some of the highest paying jobs. It is one of the most lucrative and highly demanded career options with highest salaries. Engineering as a career has attracted students all across the world in a big way. Here is the list of an array of career options that engineering offers
- Aerospace engineers Agricultural engineers
- Airline Pilots and flight engineers
- Civil engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Software Engineer
- Computer Engineer
- Marine Engineer
The demand of engineers will always be high on domestic as well as international levels. So, what are you waiting for? You're your desired engineering course and carve your path towards a successful career.
Engineering Services we can help you with!
With best Engineering experts we ensure that we cover almost everything for you.