Plagiarism is omnipotent – in writing, research, films, journalism, designs and what not. In layman language it is known as copy, spinning or duplicating, etc., but the real meaning does not come out in these words. We will discuss the academic plagiarism here.
The broad definition of Plagiarism can be given as the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions." , Also projecting it as one's original creation is worse.
There are ten primary forms of plagiarism that students commit deliberately or inadvertently.
- Claiming and submitting others' work and project as their own.
- Taking passages from others without adding citations or references.
- Paraphrasing and re-writing work of other without properly citing sources or references.
- Usage of quotations as their own without citing the source.
- Mixing up from various sources together in their work without citing the source or reference.
- Selective citing of some sources and hiding others some,
- Mixing together cited and uncited sections of the piece and camouflaging the work.
- Providing proper citations, but the structure and wording of the borrowed ideas are not given credit.
- Citing the source inaccurately or inappropriately.
- Lack of originality but heavily relying heavily on the ideas and logics of others without giving due credit.
Plagiarism is nothing but academic dishonesty and a breach of ethics. The punishment for extreme plagiarism is severe from expulsion, suspension, and demotion. As a student, you are not that familiar with linguistics, vocabulary, subjects, plagiarism or grammatical mistakes. You take liberty in copying and plagiarising your essay, thesis, dissertations, etc. your professors are not going to take the plagiarism lightly. You are up for a reprimanding, warning and punishments.
To avoid this, you need plagiarism check help from the experts. The copyright violation as an off shoot of plagiarism is punishable under the law.Professional associations, educational institutions, and commercial entities, such as publishing companies take this seriously as their reputation is at stake.
The Latin word Plagiarius means "kidnapper."
When you submit an assignment to your professors, you have to be careful to avoid plagiarism. There is software available to detect plagiarism. Copyscape, Grammarly, Turnitin are a few to mention. Some are free where as others are paid versions.
However even with the aid of this software still you may be having a plagiarised writing. You should have a plagiarism checking team or agency to see that all plagiarisms are detected and removed. It is likely that such team should give some creative solutions as well.
Avoiding plagiarism should be yiur virtue
One hundred percent plagiarism free work is involved as few quotations need to be incorporated; some academics even stipulate the permissible plagiarism level. Here below are a couple of methods to prevent plagiarism. They are to plan your assignment and make an outline. You may consult your professors for guideline with the synopsis. Proper citations, proper paraphrasing and referencing would make your work more authentic and original.
Few points to note
- The agency to which you entrust the responsivity for plagiarism checking should be able to solve the problem with their expertise.
- Plagiarism is not copyright infringement, in strict terms.
- Plagiarism is considered a moral offense.
- Plagiarism by any one is considered academic dishonesty or academic fraud, and offenders are subject to academic censure, up to and including expulsion.
- The plagiarism help provider should give you a reasonable enough as well as a delivery period; they should use the latest technology to check the plagiarism in depth.
Congratulations, you are now got a total plagiarism free work to be submitted thanks to the plagiarism checker you have engaged.
Your Academic Subjects, we can help you with!
Our team of 350+ finance experts gives us the strength to work on any given topic.