Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe. The field of science education includes work in science content, science process (the scientific method), some social science, and some teaching pedagogy.
Areas of Science
- Physics: It is the study of matter and its motion through space and time. Physics has been divided into various sub categories such as thermodynamics, Mechanics, Nanotechnology, Optics, Electronics, Quantum Physics, Relativity and many more.
- Chemistry: It is a study of substances that compose matter. The sub branches of chemistry are Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Biology: Biology or Life Sciences broadly is related to living organisms and their environment. Biology being a very vast field of study is further divided in sub categories for the purpose of education. The sub categories of biology include Botany, Histology, Genetics, Etymology, Zoology, Anatomy, Immunology, Ecology, Embryology, Microbiology, horticulture and many more.
- Earth Science: Earth Science deals with the phenomenon which is caused by earth tremors too weak to be felt but may sound like a distant cannon especially if on or near the water.
Branches of Science
Physical Science - Physical science is a branch that studies non-living or living systems, in contrast to life science. It is a broad discipline concerned with natural phenomena of the earth, atmosphere and space. It can further be classified into following sub categories
Social Science - Social science is a major category of academic disciplines, concerned with society and the relationships among individuals within a society. It can again be divided into below sub divisions
Life Science – It is a branch of science that is concerned with the study of living organisms, including biology, botany, zoology, microbiology, physiology, biochemistry, and related subjects. Further sub categories of life science are given below
- Functional Biology
- Cellular Biology
Formal Science - Formal sciences are language disciplines concerned with formal systems, such as logic, mathematics, statistics, theoretical computer science, information theory, game theory, systems theory, decision theory, and theoretical linguistics. It can be divided into below sub categories
Courses for Science
At an undergraduate level, Bachelor of Science is the most sought after course if you want to pursue career in science. There are a lot many courses available for the same
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Health and Disease
- Animal Science and Management
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Bioengineering Systems
- Cell and Developmental Biology
- Chemical Systems
- Civil Systems
- Climate and Weather
- Computational Biology
- Computing and Software Systems
- Data Science
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Electrical Systems
- Environmental Engineering Systems
- Environmental Science
- Food Science
- Forest Science
- Human Structure and Function
- Marine Biology
- Mathematical Physics
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mechanical Systems
- Mechatronics Systems
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Plant Science
- Spatial Systems
Career in Science
Science as a subject is extremely wide and offers wide variety of fields for working professionals. Some of the highly rewarding careers in science are
- Biochemist or Biophysicist
- Environmental Scientist
- Environmental Science and Protection Technician
- Forensic Scientist
- Medical Scientist
- Geologists and Geophysicists
- Life Scientists
- Science Technicians
- Soil Scientists
- Technicians (Science)
Science Services we can help you with!
With best Science experts we ensure that we cover almost everything for you.